Wednesday, June 19, 2013

We Are Their Heaven

We Are Their Heaven
by Allison DuBois

If you are paying attention you probably realize by now that I lied.  This book was not on my next 20 books challenge.

Oops.

In my defense, most all of the books on my challenge are owned by me as paper, glue & ink books.  I was about to leave town for a whirlwind three day trip to Seattle last Friday and the book I was currently reading was on my bed stand as a hardbound, big and heavy book which I did not want to carry on the plane.  I also did not want to download a new Nook book with so many unread books right in front of me.  So I grabbed this one.

That's my story (true) and I'm stickin' to it!

This is the kind of book that you read if you believe in what Allison does. She is a medium and she doesn't try to convince anyone that she is what she is, but simply tells us about what she knows and sees. She does this through her own eyes as well as some of her clients' stories.

I read this at a particularly good time for me to read it, just after my mother-in-law passed away. It was very comforting to have some of my beliefs validated by Allison.

This book not only helps me strengthen my belief in life after life, but it also strengthens my belief that those that have passed are still close by and caring for us. There is nothing contrary to God and Heaven in what she does or believes, which is also important to me.

Although I am grateful for what this book has given me, I only gave it 3 shots (3.5 actually) because I felt it was repetitive where it didn't need to be and possibly could have been better written or edited. It was a quick and easy read and I do recommend it if you are of a like mindset.

On another note, I would love to meet Allison DuBois!

No comments:

Post a Comment