Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake (a catch-up blog)

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
by Aimee Bender

Barnes & Noble synopsis:

  • Discovering in childhood a supernatural ability to taste the emotions of others in their cooking, Rose Edelstein grows up to regard food as a curse when it reveals everyone's secret realities.

Yes, that's their entire synopsis.

I really didn't care for this book at all, although I really wanted to like it.  It's been a few months since I read it so I can't really write a good review decently expressing my own thoughts, but many of the reviews on Barnes and Noble accurately reflect my feelings.  The one good puzzling mystery kept me reading to the end only to discover there was never going to be an adequate explanation or solution.  Bleh.  Don't read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment