Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anyone But You


"Anyone But You"  



Fiction, Paperback, 283 pages




I like this author, but my favorite book by her is still the first one I read, "Bet Me."




"Anyone But You" is fun light reading (chick lit) which I picked up and read on my anniversary get-a-way. A newly divorced 40 year old woman is settling quite happily into her new single life. By way of her new roommate, Fred, an "overweight, middle-aged, a bit smelly and obviously depressed" basset beagle mix, she meets her downstairs neighbor, Alex. Despite their 10 year age difference, she being the elder, they fight their instant attraction to each other and so the story goes….

As with most chic-lit the ending is obvious at the beginning. It offers the usual cast of quirky characters, adds the laughs and twists and allows a few hours break from the real world.

I recommend this for a good relaxing, bubble bath or hot tub read.

No comments:

Post a Comment